Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Web of Risks

Anna Stetler

October 15, 2009 

“Web of Risks”

 

            I have never experienced a situation as in the Newsweek article. I have however, recently been added as a friend by some of my aunts and uncles, and my Mother. When I post sarcastic comments as my ‘what I am doing,’ it has happened many times that they have taken it the wrong way. My friends, however, get the joke. I have noticed recently, the growing number of former high school peers who regularly post pictures of them online with beers in hand. No one has gotten in trouble as far as I know, but I think it may be imminent. If I were starting a production company and some of my potential employees had sites on Facebook and MySpace, I would definitely look at them. Firstly, these sites are public. They have posted these things online so that everyone can see them. There are a few who have made them private, but the profile picture, age, and location can still be seen on the world wide web. Secondly, their personalities truly are expressed when these sites are used. I would look to get a small glimpse into their unprofessional personality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment