Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Burning House

Anna Stetler

Tuesday October 6, 2009

“Burning House”

 

            If my house was burning down and I could only grab 5 DVDs, I would grab Jaws, Disturbia, Pirates of the Caribbean, Northern Exposure Season 1 and Gilmore Girls Season 1. I would grab Jaws because it is my favorite movie of all time. I love watching this movie! If I was not longer able to watch it, I would be very sad. Watching Hooper, Quint, and Brody sail out on the open sea to track down a killer shark is something I don’t want to miss out on. Secondly, I would grab Disturbia because it is my obsession of the season. I love this movie because it has intense sequences where I find myself stuck, wondering where my breath went. Thirdly, I would grab Pirates of the Caribbean because it is a classic! I would just be heartbroken if I couldn’t sit down and watch Captain Jack Sparrow and Will Turner fight things out and eventually save the day, every day. Northern Exposure Season 1 would be the next on my list. I would grab this because I have wanted to move to Alaska for a very long time. This show is something I grew up with, so I would want to grab it out of nostalgia.  Last, but never least, I would grab Gilmore Girls Season 1 for purely sentimental and homesickness reasons. When my sister and I were growing up, we watched Lorelai and Rory Gilmore for 7 seasons, and fell absolutely in love with the small town of Stars Hollow. Whenever I am feeling homesick or just want to see ‘northern’ weather, I watch it. I feel like I have lived there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment